10.16.2009

Please don't rain on my festivals!


I had lots of plans for this weekend and I'm hoping they don't all get washed away! One thing I am definitely doing is carving pumpkins with the whole family up at my parents new house. Halloween is by far our most celebrated holiday. Some of my favorite memories are from Halloween... namely my dad toilet papering our own house for a ghoulish family party...in a pirate costume...at 2 in the afternoon!
I will also be visiting the Beacon Sloop Clubs annual Pumpkin Festival (see above poster). I'm quite sure I'll get rained on in the process but I'll brave through it.
The one thing I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do is the Sheep & Wool Festival which is held on the Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck. I've been wanting go all year but I don't think I'll last very long in the rain and I want to go on a year with perfect fall weather. Oh well, atleast I'll be carving pumpkins and hopefully drinking some warm apple cider mmmmm...

1 comment: